Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/5/d664826144/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Spinonland/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

“It seems to me I spent my life in…

I wrote the Spanish version of my trip and I did not want to be impolite with the English people so I am writing it now in English so you can enjoy it too.
I just finished one of the best experiences of my life. It begun on 7th of April on the way back from a weekend trip when discussing with my friend possible trips in the south island. I was expecting to do this trip in winter so I would have time to save and the whole month to travel but they showed me that maybe many places would be not accessible or very hard to get because of the weather conditions or the amount of snow in the mountains. So I quickly reconsider the trip and decided to do it taking the advantage of the mid semester break, so I will not miss as much class. I started to plan everything and found a cheap flight from Auckland to Christchurch for 126$ with the luggage included. I did not have a tent or a bivouac bag (bivi bag) to get myself covered from the rain so I went to buy one. Finally I decided to get a bivouac because was less weight and easier to transport and to carry it back home.  After buying the plane ticket and the bivi bag I notice that I had expended all the money I had left till the first of May. So my only option was to go to my trip just with the 40$ in cash I had left in my pocket, walking and Hitch hiking.
So I had to plan everything and prepare all my stuff in a bit more than one day. The only big problem was that I had to take all my food for the 14 days I was going to be away in my backpack which made things much heavier.
In order to save weight all my food was dehydrated as rice, mashed potatoes and noodles. I had also cooked 1 egg per day for the whole trip and I had seasoned already the rice so I did not have to bring the spices to the trip. For the breakfast I had oats, tea and lots of sugar. For vitamins I had carrots and apples.
Day 1- Auckland-Christchurch-Arthur’s Pass
So there I was, with my big backpack going into the luggage carousel with the tag of “last bag” as I had to run through the airport to catch the plane. With a smile on my face, the backpack on my back and 30$ in my pocket, I exited the airport. The first thing I needed to was to go buying a gas bottle and some food with the little money I had left. After the shopping my budget was reduced to 10$. I was pretty lucky and Maori guy called Manu, which means bird, gave me a ride even if he had to go in the opposite direction to take me out of the city in order to get better rides. I had no problems with the rides till I pass the last town of the east of the Southern Alps, where I walked a lot without a ride. I was already checking the sides of the road to find a place to crash when I got a ride which brought me just to the place I needed to go, a free campsite in the end of the route I was planning to do the next day. I had some special dinner for the first night as I brought some meat and tomatoes which I could mix with the rice. I could not use the egg I had prepared for that night as a New Zealand parrot called Kea stole it when I was looking in my backpack for some water for cooking.

I got up before the sun and started walking when the sun was burning with its sunshine the marvellous peaks of the Southern Alps. The track was not marked, so it was basically walking up the riverbed which was very rocky. I had to cross the Waimakariri River a couple of times. At this time of the year it is almost dry but still enough water to make it tricky to cross. Probably because I still was a little bit sleepy and I could not think with clarity, I got wet in the first stream I had to cross. I slipped in a rock and my foot went into the water and so I did with the other and I crossed it walking through the water. I kept going and soon I reached the crow river valley where the track was alternating between a wild forest and the rocky riverbed. I was an easy path, sometimes not well marked, that took me to the Crow Hut in about 4 hours, so I was at the hut at roughly 11.30. The only person left in the hut was leaving soon so I will be alone, which was not that bad as I did not had money to pay the hut. Around 12.30 started to pour and it did not stop till the next morning so everything I could do was to light a fire, read some magazines which were in the hut, some yoga, and playing ukulele. Pretty random things! And so I did. The only problem was that the toilet was outside so I had to take a leak from the door of the hut in order to not get wet. Fortunately I had not to go for something bigger.

This was one of the hardest days in my trip and for sure one of the scariest days in my life. The rain stopped just before the sunshine started to illuminate the sky, so I was lucky enough to continue my tramp.  I was exiting the hut at 8.00am and around 8.20am I was at the bottom of a very big scree slope. It was only 1km of distance but had a gradient of 50% as it goes up more than 500m. The route was clearly made to do it in the opposite direction, but as I had no money to stay close to the other end I did it backwards. I started to climb, everything was falling apart and the weight of the backpack did not help to keep my balance. At the beginning the inclination was kind of ok, but a bit before half way it increased considerably and I had to go all the time helping myself with my hands in order to not be another rolling stone downhill. When I was little 200m from the top, I decided to get close to one of the sides as there was not that much looses rocks. Unconsciously I started to climb in the cliff as I was following the path with fewer rocks in the way. After a while I noticed that I was in the cliff about 6m high of the bottom of a small scree slope which ended in another 20m cliff. I was shocked at that very moment. Only 5 meter laterally there was a “safe place” and after thinking in turning around, I determined that was much more difficult. I tried to move, but a couple of times I got myself almost hanging from the cliff due to the rocks falling from my feet. I did not know what to do I was trapped in the cliff and it did not seem to be a very busy route. I was just expecting to fall in my back so the backpack could stop a little bit my fall. After a while I decided to keep going to the safe place, so I climbed very, very slow to not grab one of the falling rocks. I had been climbing a lot before my trip so I felt strong enough to keep going but the backpack was a handicap that I have never had and was disturbing my balance. Finally I could reach the safe edge and take a deep breath before keep going. When I got to the top of the scree slope my heart was pumping hard and my breathing was irregular, and the stunning views did not produce any effect on me till I calmed down. I did it, I survive! I kept going in the path going through the crest of the mountain, now a little more indicated. Once and for all I got to the Avalanche peak were an amazing view delighted me in exchange of the effort done. The way back was not less hard as I had to hurry to try to get to the road soon enough to get a ride to my next destination, Mt Cook. Unfortunately I was not lucky that afternoon and fact that there are no close towns to the village did not help so after 3 hours in the shoulder of the road without getting a ride, I decided to walk back the 10 km that there was from where I was till the free campsite I stayed the night before. This night I was aware about the Keas so I filled my pockets with rocks and let them know that there was no food for them today. They gave up after a few tries to get close end went to bother other campers, so I was happy. The night came and the impressive view of the stars made me sleep so well after the tough day.

Day 4- Arthur’s Pass-Lake Pukaki
I woke up pretty early, so I could walk if I did not get a ride as the day before I was not so lucky. Surprisingly I got a ride with the first car that passed by. The man was a former motorbike gangster who told me some interesting stories about how he could leave the band 30 years ago and not get killed as would have been now a day. He also told me about the jail and gave me some useful tips for life. After a couple of rides from where the gangster a guy who was going from Christchurch to Dunedin for an epic party, apparently 10.000 students in the street. He left me in the shoulder of the junction with the road I had to take to follow my direction with a beer in my hand. I started to walk in my direction in a not very busy road so walked for a while until a man picked me up. He was a dairy farmer, and we had a very nice chat about ourselves. When he dropped me off he told me that apart from dairy farmer he was the Chancellor of the Lincoln University and he offered me money. I refused it as I normally only accept food and drinks but he really insisted so I accepted the 60$ he was giving me (In life you have to be honest but not stupid!). As I knew that I will not have money till first of May and still had to survive in Auckland after I finished my trip I put the money in a “safe pocket” to not expend it. So I thanked him so much and kept going in my way. My plan had changed as in the summit of the Avalanche Peak, a German guy I meet at the top told me to go to a nice spot in Lake Pukaki rather than Lake Tekapo that is the one I had planned. I spend a couple of hours at Lake Tekapo and even if it was a very beautiful place, I decided to keep going to the next one, Lake Pukaki. An old man of 76 years old gave me a ride this time; he was a former climber and guide to go to the top of Mt Cook, the highest peak in New Zealand. He offered me to drive me to my next destination, Mt Cook Village, but I declined it as I was very curious about the very nice spot the German guy told me, and the views were already stunning. The German guy was totally correct, the views from the free campsite were amazing, a beautiful blue lake due to the sediments enclosed in the ice of the glacier which fills the lake, and the highest peak of New Zealand reflecting at the bottom of the lake. All of that was companied with an incredible sunset, and a better star spangled sky!

Day 5- Lake Pukaki-Mueller’s hut-Queenstown
As the night before I woke up with an impressive view of the Mt cook. At 7:00am I was already walking in the road heading Mt Cook Village. I was pretty lucky and just arrive to the junction of the road going there I got picked up by one of the pilots of one of those companies that flies to the glacier and land on it. We had a nice chat and he gave me some tips about the weather and explained me that was getting worst that afternoon. He dropped me just at the beginning of my next route the Muller’s hut.  In the car park I found a dollar! So I started to go up through the around 1800 steps that there is to the top. It took me 2.20h again gaining time to the statistics. When I got to the top I could contemplate the marvellous views from the top where you can see the Lake Pukaki valley, some glaciers and of course the impressive Mt Cook, looking after the Southern Alps. Again the Way back was really tough and the weather was changing. It started to get really, really windy. In the way back I met again the man who gave me a ride the night before, The 76 year old guide. He offered me to give me a ride to a small town in my way to Queenstown and also gave me a couple of beers and a bottle of wine, as he had to take all the things left from a birthday party he had been the night before. There I was again, in the shoulder of the road with my thumb up waiting for the next ride. A very kind American guy, who is working in Afghanistan   gave me the ride to Queenstown and in the way we picked up another two hitch hikers one of them invite me diner in exchange of one of the beers, pretty nice deal. Because they were back from the epic party and were so tired did not want to go out for a while so I hid my backpack in a holiday park I had gate-crashed and went to town with the American guy and the bottle of wine that I had left. We hit a couple of bars till we found one we liked and stayed there for a while. The American guy invited me to pitcher of beer, and we were playing some games and dancing with mostly foreign girls. I went back to the place I have spotted to sleep, a little bit of grass between two trees and two apartments buildings. As the place looked very sheltered and the sky was pretty clear, and I was tired and tipsy, I did not use the bivi bag. That night I felt sleep pretty easily.

Day 6- Queenstown-Routeburn Track
I did not need an alarm that morning as I woke up with the rain hitting my face and feeling cold and wet. Unfortunately, it rained and my sleeping bag got so wet. It was already 7.30 and there was light enough for people to see me sleeping like a homeless in the holiday park so I packed all my things pretty quick except for the sleeping bag that I needed to dry, so I bought a token for the dryer which cost me 4$ for only 30 min, That left me with “only” 5$. I paid expensively for my mistake. I hit the road again, this time pretty late as I had to wait for the sleeping bag to dry a little bit. In 3 rides and about 10km of walking I got to arrive to the beginning of the Routeburn Track. It was 12.30pm very late to start a tramp but I had no choice so I started the Track. It starts in a jungle forest and follows the river upstream through the whole valley. Nice swinging bridges cross the multiple streams that go into the river. As I was already late for the day and because I had no money to pay the huts or the campsites, I had planned to stay in the middle of the track and either use the Harris saddle hut or look for some bivouac rocks that a woman who picked me up recommended me. When I was leaving Routeburn Falls Hut, a Warden from the DOC (Department of Conservation) stopped me in the track and asked me for the ticket for the hut. As I did not have any and did explain him my situation expecting some understanding, he told me that the next free campsite was in Lake Howden Hut about 20km from where I was and it was already 3.00pm. He alerted me not to sleep in the emergency shelter as he was going to check it and that he was calling the warden in Lake Mackenzie to check if he arrive or not. Such a stupid man! So I had no choice, I had to try to walk all the way to pass Lake Mackenzie Hut. In a little more than 3 hours I was already at around Lake Mackenzie hut where I found a nice bivouac rock to sleep. I was already dark and I could not switch on my head lamp as I did not want to attract attention from the wardens in the hut so I just did everything without light, prepared my food and waited till it got really dark to set up my camp. That night I slept a little bit worried about the wardens checking the place.

Day 7- Routeburn track– Te Anau- Kepler Track
Normally I woke up before the sunrise but this day I woke up a little bit earlier just to walk in the dark passing by the hut. I was lucky and nobody saw me so I kept going to the Howden Hut where I stopped to have breakfast and prepare a tea. As it was pretty early and I had time enough I decided to go up to Key Summit where I could contemplate the beautiful landscape of the fjord and some of the Southern Alps Peaks. The Trip to Te Anau was very nice as the man who picked me up was friendly and we had a good chat. I told him about my trip and he told me about how he taught his dog to be a rescue dog. He also gave me a couple of apples! I was expecting to find a free place to sleep in Te Anau but unfortunately when I went to the visitor centre there was no free camping and was prohibited to camp anywhere around the town or the beginning of the track. So again I had no place to sleep. As it was early in the day and I was missing meat so much I decided to go to the supermarket where I bought packed ham and some bread so I could have some proteins. I walked nicely around the lake all the way to the track start. I decided to camp hidden from the track close to the first campsite of the track, about 5 km from the start. I hide between the bushes in the beach in a very nice spot with lake views. When I was just about to start setting up my camp, I saw a DOC boat patrolling the beach so I quickly put everything in my backpack and this on the bushes and taking advantage of my dark clothes I pretend to be a rock so they could not see me. The boat took about 15 min to check the beach and so I was a rock, but the sandflies were biting me all over the uncovered spots of my body, my ankles, my wrist and hands and my face, taking advantage of my rock emulation. Finally they left the beach without knowing that I was there and I could set up my camp and get into the sleeping bag closing it to the top to avoid insect to bite me!
No doubt the hardest day physically! After the Routeburn Track I noticed that was not going to be as easy to sleep in the emergency shelters that there where in the track so I decided to go directly from Brod Bay, where I was, till Shallow Bay in the other lake, 42km away. It was going to be a hard day but I will avoid paying in the huts or in the campgrounds and also from getting caught in the emergency shelters. In order to not be suspicious if got too early to the first hut, I calculated the time to be there in a time that seems reasonable to have been done in the day. I left Brod Bay at 6.30am, so if they ask me, I could say I left at 5.30 from the parking. I arrived to the first hut, around 9.30, made a coffee with a lot of sugar in order to have energy and took a good breakfast. After 20 min of rest I kept going uphill as I could not lose much more time if I wanted to arrive in time to Shallow Bay. It was very cloudy and foggy with not much visibility but finally I crossed the clouds limit and the day was very clear, I was above the clouds. It looked like the clouds were the sea and all the peaks and mountains that were breaking through it seemed to be islands. For one moment I felt like one of the Greek gods in Mount Olympus. After a while in the top of Mt Luxmore I had to move due to my lack of time. The rocky landscape converted back again in the jungle after I got lower than 1200m where the tree line is. At 2.00pm I got to hit the second hut, Iris Burn Hut. Everything was going good but I was starting to feel exhausted. The signpost in the hut was indication 6 hours to the next hut that was close to where the free campsite was, but I needed to do it in four as around 6.30pm it gets dark. So I started walking fast in order to achieve the goal, get there by 6.30pm. Around 4.00pm my feet were totally destroyed, a huge pain was invading my body but my mind still had the control of my body so I had to keep going, I was a little depressed because I expected to get to Rocky Point Shelter, which was in the middle of the way by 4.00pm. I took a 20 min rest to grab some food because I had not eaten anything since 12.30pm and I kept going. Surprisingly the Rocky Point Shelter was 300m far from the point where I had stopped. My moral was mended so I restore my fast rhythm to get to Shallow Bay before it got really dark. At 6.05pm I was already at the last hut, Moturau Hut and the hoped signpost was there reminding me that I still needed to keep going for 35 more minutes, but I was so happy that my body did not hurt anymore, I was that happy that in some moment I just wanted to run all the way just to get there and have that moment I had been waiting so bad to happen, the finish of the journey. By the campsite there was also a basic hut. I check if there was anybody sleeping inside and also the visitors book to check how often the warden came to the hut. I was lucky and also was the middle of the week and the warden will not come till Friday so I was able to stay in the hut without paying. I rest sitting for half an hour and when I tried to stand up my feet were not responding, they had too much for the day so I had to move crawling within the room to prepare my dinner and to start a fire, which was nice to finish drying the sleeping bag. That night I sleep so well!

Day 9- Kepler Track- Invercargill- Fortrose
That morning I was not in a hurry at all so I woke up late made a fire in the beach and had a nice breakfast. I was by the lake and there was some special soap to stop spreading a kind of bacteria from both Islands, so I used it as a gel and had a bath by the lake. There were also two really big tents in the campsite, the only two in there. I saw them the night before but I did not pay much attention, but now I was rested, my curiosity was bigger too so I asked if there was somebody. Nobody answered and the tent seemed abandoned so I open one to check. In the first one there was nothing inside, in the second one there was a very big kitchen set up and some food left. I looked around and picked some minor stuff as cheese 2 cereal bars and mandarins, just enough to complete my diet a little bit and respect the people food. I walked so quietly that morning, it was the first time in the trip that I spent the same amount of time that the one indicated in the signs, even a little bit more. I had finished all my tracks for the trip, now was mainly road and seaside. I got a ride back to Te Anau and another one from Te Anau directly to Invercargill. The man was a hunter and told me that he had to stop to make a couple of jobs before heading to Invercargill. I was not in a rush so I accepted. We stopped in a diary farm and while he was tinting one window to avoid some kind of light reflecting in a camera, I was outside watching how 1000 cows entered in the installations to get rid of their milk. I was so amazed how much milk they can produce in this kind of farms. The man dropped me at the junction of Fortrose road and gave me some fresh venison from his trophy.  From there I got another ride all the way to Fortrose where I was delighted with a marvelous sunset.

Day 10 Fortrose- Nugget Point
Something woke me up, was the raining hitting the bivouac bag. Fortunately I had it this time. I waited a little bit for the rain to easy off in order to pack all my stuff and leave without getting so wet. Luckily it stopped during ten minutes, time enough to get up and pack all my things. It was a very bad day, rainy and cold, but I had to keep going so I started to walk in the shoulder as usual.  I got a ride which took me to the next town in the road where I had breakfast and some tea, covered in a bus stop. I waited a little bit to dry before going again under the rain. In another ride I was in Waikawa the closest town to Curio Bay where I would be able to see penguins and dolphins in the beach. I started to walk the 5km from Waikawa to Curio bay after a while waiting for the rain to easy off. In the middle of the way I met a Japanese girl in her bike. She had been touring with her bike for the last 3 months. She told me that there was nothing at curio bay because of the meteorological conditions so I decided not to go and keep going to the next place where I could see penguins, seals and sea lions. I got a couple of cookies from the Japanese girl, we exchange information because she was coming to Auckland and I followed my way to nugget point. There were not so much cars but I was pretty lucky and I get two rides, the second one took me directly to Nugget point even through the 6 km gravel road which leads you to the lighthouse. Even the weather was not good the landscape was impressive. The wind, which was blowing really fast, making difficult even to stand up, so after a few minutes I went back to the place where you could watch penguins just 5 min walking from the car park close to the lighthouse. There was a shed to watch the penguins as they are very shy which was the perfect shelter for me to stay on that night as the weather was really bad and it is always better to sleep dry. People started to arrive around 4.00pm when the penguins come back from fishing in to the beach to get to their nests. A very friendly young couple from England arrived and we were chatting while observing the penguins jump from rock to rock. After refusing sometimes their invitation to offer me 3 dollars to pick me to a campsite with them and then a ride to Dunedin the next day I accepted as I was not sure if they will check the shelter for observing the penguins. In the campground the owner, which was so kind, let me sleep in a shed that was under construction, so I could sleep dry. I had dinner with the English couple and I shared my venison which led to a delightful food. They had a camper van with a bed inside and a small kitchen in the back so after dinner we went inside to watch a movie. That night I had a really nice rest!

Day 11- Nugget Point- Dunedin
The next day they invite us to a wonderful English breakfast and we get on the road. The owner of the campsite also advised us to go to Cannibal Bay, where we will be able to see elephant seals. The weather was still cold, windy and rainy but we arrived to Cannibal Bay where we saw seals and sea lions but not elephant seals. Anyway we kept our way to Dunedin. When we got there we realize that there were not much to do so they ask me to stay with them as they will keep going to Christchurch I did not want to bother them but they insisted so I accepted, I will have company and a ride for the next day. We did some shopping in Dunedin and camp in a campsite outside of the city in the way to Christchurch. It was raining outside and I have already looked for a nice place to sleep under a tree and between the bushes that will cover me so good, but again, so kind of them, they invited me to sleep inside the van, in the front part where the seats are. I did refuse again till they insisted a little. So we had dinner together and watch another movie. That night was not as comfortable as the previous one but at least I was dry.
Day 12- Dunedin- Winchester
We were getting along so well and did a good team so now they asked me for my opinion and whether I wanted to stop in a place or not. I did not want to change their plans so I was always up to everything they propose. We went to Timaru, a city half way between Dunedin and Christchurch. There we did some shopping, fixed the fuses of the car that broke due to an overload, and visit the local museum. Also in the visitor centre they advised us to go to a free campsite an hour away from Christchurch. As I did not have anything to do because I had seen everything I planned, I agree to stay with them another night, and I could get a ride for the next day too. The weather was really bad but we decided to make a fire to get ourselves warm. Luckily I had my survival knife so we started to chop some branches. A man who was walking his dog saw us and came back few minutes later with a box full of dry wood so we could start the fire easily. We had a great night, chatting by the fire and again they asked me to sleep in the van. This night I had already the posture pretty much known so I slept so much better.
Day 13- Winchester- Lake Pukaki
Apparently they were not in a rush so I was not either. They decided to go to Lake Pukaki as they missed that and they did not want to come back because they were going to Christchurch to work to earn a little bit of money before going to Australia for the ski season. As I did not have a place to stay in Christchurch and people told me that there was not much to see due to the earthquake, I decided to go with them and guide them to the very nice spot that the German guy had told me. We got there pretty soon, around 12.00pm but the day was not so good. Too many clouds to see the beauty of that place. As they had check the weather report and was suppose to be sunny in the next morning, we decided to stay there for the night. We did not have anything to do so we started a fire and sit around even when it was raining for almost 12 hours. We were just waiting for the next day to come with the good weather just to see the stoning views.
Day 14- Lake Pukaki- Christchurch
The day woke up still a little bit cloudy but started to clear pretty fast so they could see the wonderful landscape and I could enjoy it one more time. I think I will never get tired of the beauty of that place. So we were heading finally to Christchurch. It took us about 4 hours to get from Lake Pukaki to Christchurch. When we got there we were able to see the truth of all of those scary stories that people told us about the earthquake. You could feel it in the environment, the desolation of the whole city, gravel piles, closed roads, empty buildings cracks in the roads and all kind of damage you can imagine from a very bad and strong earthquake. We went to the information office where we said goodbye and exchange the contact information. There were a very nice couple, so kind and helpful, Thank you! I asked in the information point for all the free activities in the city but as I expected there was not much. Anyway was enough to keep me entertained for the afternoon before going to the airport to expend the night there. I meet a Spanish guy outside the office who was in his honey moon, we chat for a while exchanging our stories and points of view of the country, which were very different.  I went to the museum which was free and surprisingly the building haven’t been damage (or at least apparently). There was a very interesting exhibition of the Antarctic, how was discovered and all the improvement in the techniques. After that I wander around the central mall in the “ground Cero” which was built with shipping containers. Very impressive how the people get so creative to solve problems in hard moments. The wife of the Spanish guy I met in the information point saw me there and offer me money that I refused, but she really insisted to take 5 dollars just to get to the airport, which I finally took. We chat for a while and then she left. I went also to a place which was a bar, exhibition, and concert place at the same which was built with wooden “pallets”. I hanged around the commercial mall which was mostly the only thing around the centre and I had my last dinner there. A mix with all the things left was my menu. I do not know if it was because I was really starving but it tasted really good to me, almost a gourmet meal. With the apple I had left and the flavour of the noodles I did a sauce where I fried the last carrot, and then boiled the rice and the carrot with the sauce, everything together. When the rice was ready I just add the noodles and after these were cooked the mashed potatoes which took the flavour of all the sauce and the spices from the rice. All of this was topped with my last hardboiled egg. Simply delicious!
I took then the bus to the airport and get off one stop before in order to not pay the special rate they have for it and also to stop at McDonalds where I spend all my coins left in 60cent Ice creams. I walked back to the airport where I camped one last time.

Day 15- Christchurch- Auckland

This morning I woke up a little bit rebellious as nobody ask me for my passport or any document in the way there. So I decided to check the security of the airports in New Zealand. I woke up and prepare the stove and start toasting the last 2 bread slices in my pot. Even with the characteristic smell from toast nobody tell me anything about cooking inside the terminal. I was surprised so I decided to go a little bit more in deep in my research and I placed the gas bottle inside the bag in order to see if they will check and remove the dangerous artifact. I leaved it easy to take it so they do not have to mess so much with my stuff. Guess what happened, the gas bottle was intact when I arrived to Auckland. A smile of success and happiness was draw in my face, I had one more very exciting story to tell my future kids, and the most important, I had survived and had a very good time. I have to thank to everyone who helped me to achieve all my goals in this trip and to share your time and stories with me.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Approximate data from the trip
Total Distance
2170km (1348 miles)
Walked Distance
170km (106 miles)
Walked in tracks and paths
127km (79 miles)
Walked in shoulders
43km (27 miles)
15 days (328 hours)
Money invested
43 NZ$

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.